Submission of Papers:
Selected papers presented at CanCNSM2013 will be considered for publication in a special issue of the International Journal of Non-linear Mechanics.
Authors have the option of providing us either with a 6-10 page paper or an extended abstract of 2 pages. Moreover, both LaTeX and Microsoft Word styles would be acceptable.
- LANGUAGE: All papers must be in English.
- MARGINS: Documents should be formatted for standard letter-size (8-1/2" by 11" or 216mm by 279mm) paper. Moreover, the papers should follow below instructions:
- For full papers margins must be 1.27cm on all sides.
- For extended abstracts, the left and right margins should be 3cm, and the top and bottom margins must be 1.6 and 0.5cm, respectively.
- For full papers, all text should appear in two columns and pages must be single spaced.
- For extended abstracts, all text should appear in single column and pages must be single spaced.
- FONT: All text must be in 10 pt Times New Roman font.
- TITLE: The paper title must appear in boldface letters and the font size should be 20pt.
- AUTHOR LIST: The authors name(s) and affiliation(s) appear below the title in capital and lower case letters.
- ABSTRACT: Each paper should contain an abstract of 50 to 200 words that appears at the beginning of the document.
- KEYWORDS: You may enter up to 7 keywords separated by hyphens.
- HEADINGS: Major headings appear in boldface 12pt letters and the subheadings in boldface 10pt.
- REFERENCES: List and number all references at the end of the document. The references should be numbered in order of appearance in the paper. When referring to them in the text, type the corresponding reference number in square brackets.
- FIGURES and TABLES: Figures and tables must appear within the designated margins. However, they may span the two columns if necessary.
- Full paper, Word file with margin, page layout, font, definitions, etc.
- Extended abstract, Word file with margin, page layout, font, definitions, etc.
- Full paper,LaTeX style file with margin, page layout, font, definitions, etc.
- Extended abstract, LaTeX style file with margin, page layout, font, definitions, etc.
- PDF generated from the full paper.
- PDF generated from the extended abstract.
In order to use the LateX template an up-to-date installation might be required. Authors facing difficulties with the provided LateX class may contact professor mathias legrand http://www.mcgill.ca/mecheng/staff/mathias-legrand.
The proposed Latex templates were successfully tested on Miktex 2.9, texlive 2011 and texlive 2012.
Users of Ubuntu version 12.04 (and less) should make sure to update their Latex installation through the synaptic manager by installing the "texlive-latex-extra" package which includes useful Latex extensions.
We recommend that you use the Word or LaTeX files to produce your document. When using these files, double-check the paper size in your page setup to make sure you are using the letter-size paper layout. The LaTeX environment files specify suitable margins, page layout, text, and a bibliography style.